The Queensland Rugby League have today named 15 players in the 2019 Queensland Emerging Origin squad, with a number of exciting new faces featuring in the line-up.
After an outstanding season that began in the Auswide Bank Under 18 Mal Meninga Cup competition with Souths Logan and culminated in his NRL debut; Brisbane Broncos young gun David Fifita has been included in the senior squad for the first time after featuring younger age camps for a number of years.
North Queensland Cowboys and Northern Pride rising star Jake Clifford is another player who comes into the squad following a stellar 2018 season, which included helping guide the Queensland Under 20 representative side to their first win over NSW in the fixture.
Young Titans duo AJ Brimson and Phillip Sami join team-mates and 2018 squad members Brenko Lee and Ashley Taylor; while other returning players from this year’s Emerging Camp include Tautau Moga (Newcastle Knights), Kyle Feldt (North Queensland Cowboys) and Christian Welch (Melbourne Storm).
Queensland Emerging State of Origin Squad 2019
- Joe Ofahengaue (Brisbane Broncos)
- Christian Welch (Melbourne Storm)
- David Fifita (Brisbane Broncos)
- Jaydn Su’A (Brisbane Broncos)
- Rhyse Martin (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
- Ashley Taylor (Gold Coast Titans)
- Brodie Croft (Melbourne Storm)
- Jake Clifford (North Queensland Cowboys)
- Corey Norman (Parramatta Eels)
- AJ Brimson (Gold Coast Titans)
- Phillip Sami (Gold Coast Titans)
- Tautau Moga (Newcastle Knights)
- Nene Macdonald (North Queensland Cowboys)
- Kyle Feldt (North Queensland Cowboys)
- Brenko Lee (Gold Coast Titans)
The 2019 squad will assemble in late January on the Sunshine Coast for the camp being run in partnership with the Queensland Academy of Sport.
Main Photo: Members of the 2018 Emerging Origin squad