Introducing the 50-50 Charity Raffle at Cowboys home games at 1300SMILES Stadium – a win/win for a lucky member or fan, and for the Cowboys Community Foundation each game day!
How it works
- 50-50 charity raffle tickets will be on sale throughout 1300SMILES Stadium from roaming staff and charity volunteers dressed in 50-50 green uniforms.
- Ticket prices: 3 numbers $5; 7 numbers $10; 16 numbers $20; 45 numbers $50; 100 numbers $100
- Every ticket sold will be electronically recorded and updated on ticket-seller iPads, on the 50-50 website and on the various screens throughout the stadium, so members and fans can monitor the draw and watch the total prize pool grow in real time.
- Tickets will be available from gates open until NRL kick-off, with a last chance to purchase during half time of the main game.
- The winning ticket number will be announced by loudspeaker before the end of the second half of the main game and also published on the Cowboys and 50-50 websites.
- The total proceeds of all 50-50 tickets sold at each game go into a prize pool, with 50% of the prize pool going to the lucky winner of the random draw (just after NRL half time each game); the remaining 50% will be donated to the Cowboys Community Foundation.
50-50 co-founder John Corry said it was exciting to be partnering with the Cowboys to raise funds and support a great initiative in a fun way.
“We hope to add an extra element of excitement to the live game day experience by sending someone home with a cash prize and raising much-needed funds that will have a significant social and economic impact on the North Queensland community,” Mr Corry said.
“Every Cowboys home game, one lucky fan inside 1300SMILES Stadium will carry home a huge cheque, with the remaining 50% of funds set aside for the Cowboys Community Foundation as the charity recipient.”
As the charity beneficiary, the Cowboys Community Foundation is aimed at improving employment, health and social outcomes for young North Queenslanders through education-based programs.
Foundation director Fiona Pelling said that the charity raffle is a simple concept that can reap huge benefits for Cowboys fans and the wider community alike.
“The more tickets sold, the higher the prize pools and ultimately the more funds raised; it’s something everyone can really get behind and support,” Ms Pelling said.
“We’re excited to see what the rest of the season brings, and looking forward to everyone getting behind the team both on the field and in the community.”
Terms and conditions: Ticket sales are only valid for the day they are sold, with sales closing approximately 10 minutes into NRL second half as per stadium clock and the draw will take place before the end of the second half of the NRL game. The winning ticket number will be announced by loudspeaker before the end of the second half of the main game and will be displayed on cowboys.com.au and 5050draw.com.au. Winner will meet coordinators at full time or be contacted the next working day post-game to arrange cash prize delivery. Draw is conducted by the 50-50 Foundation (ABN 92 944 713 763). Licence number: 158466.