• There seems to be a bit of a friendly rivalry going on between our star halfback and the coach at training – all for a cup of coffee. The duo have been engaging in a penalty goal kick-off at training and so far from all reports neither can be split. It’s going to be one mighty coffee when someone finally wins.
• Stats leaders from the Friday night loss to the Broncos: most tackles – Matt Scott (44); most metres – Ethan Lowe (162); most tackle busts – Lachlan Coote & Kane Linnett (2).
• There were plenty of our south-west Queensland-based members who came along to the Sofitel Hotel last Saturday morning to show their support, which included a rousing reception as the team entered the room. All of the players and staff were thrilled with the turnout.
• Congratulations to Kane Linnett, who ran on for his 100th NRL game against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium – the Scotland rep made his debut playing for the Roosters in 2010 and finished his century last Friday night with 11 runs for 103 metres and 13 tackles.
• If you want to catch up with the Cowboys for a photo or a chat after Monday night’s game against the Storm, come along to the post-match awards at the Cowboys Leagues Club's official post-match function.
• Lachlan Coote put on his actor's hat for the new Coke game day TVC this week – Cootey is promoting the Frozen Coke collectible cups featuring co-captains Matt Scott and Johnathan Thurston, available with a purchase from the Frozen Coke Zone (Eastern grandstand).
• Last time the Cowboys played the Storm at 1300SMILES Stadium in round 12 last year, the North Queenslanders were unbreakable in defence. They ran out 22-0 winners.
• Joining Gavin Cooper in the WIN Locker Room on Wednesday night at 7.15pm is hooker Jake Granville.