Rehab Report: Round 18 bye
• Rory Kostjasyn (ribs): The hooker should be right to play against the Sharks in round 19 as he recovers from the rib cartilage injury that kept him out of the Dragons’ game on Saturday evening.
• Ray Thompson (hamstring): After being forced off during the first half of the loss to Newcastle, the PNG World Cup representative should be available to play after the bye in round 18.
• Matt Scott (cheekbone): The Cowboys co-captain had surgery on a cheekbone fracture sustained in the second State of Origin match on 18 June. He has started some on-field training but it’s likely he will be sidelined for another month.
• Gavin Cooper (hip): The back-rower has started running outdoors and hopes to be back on the playing field in round 22.
• Brent Tate (knee): The State of Origin winger is out for the season after suffering an ACL tear and cartilage damage in State of Origin game two. He had surgery last week.
• Joel Riethmuller (hamstring): After tearing his hamstring playing for the Northern Pride, the back-rower will be out for another three weeks.
• Cameron King (knee): The hooker is out for the rest of the season after rupturing his ACL in round 10.
• Lachlan Coote (knee): The fullback is running outdoors as his recovery from an ACL tear at the Auckland Nines continues to go as planned. There is no firm date as yet on when he will be able to play again.
• Patrick Kaufusi (pectoral): The young forward faces another four weeks on the sidelines after tearing his pec in the first half of the season-opening NYC game against Canberra. He is taking part in skills work at training.