The move to the North Queensland Stadium took one exciting step closer today with the unveiling of the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys’ 2020 membership map at the club’s annual Members Carnival.
Cowboys CEO Jeff Reibel introduced the map on-stage to hundreds of passionate members, eager to see the membership seating configuration for their new home from 2020.
The membership map release is a key milestone in the migration of the club’s 6,000 full season members, a complex process that will involve every 2019 full season member being allocated and offered their ‘best-equivalent’ seat in the new venue.
'Best-equivalent' means that, allowing for differences in seating configuration of corporate and consumer areas, bay and aisle locations, row length and bay seating capacities at the new stadium, the Cowboys will offer 2019 full season members a seat in the new stadium that is as near as practicable to the same field position that they have now (which may be different to their current seating position), and with the people who are currently included in their membership account.
Mr Reibel said the club was thrilled to be able to share the map with members, as part of the Cowboys’ dedicated Members Round.
“Our membership map is the blueprint for our 2020 full season membership seating, and the foundation for our ‘best-equivalent’ migration program, to which we’ve assigned a dedicated project team,” Mr Reibel said.
“Today’s release is the culmination of many hours of behind-the-scenes work and collaboration between our membership team and project stakeholders, including Stadiums Queensland and the Department of Housing and Public Works.
To be able to give our members their first look at our map today is an important part of the member transition, which is driven by our principles of loyalty, fairness and growth and reflects our commitment to our valued members.Cowboys CEO Jeff Reibel
Membership map – key characteristics:
- New stadium membership seating will still be allocated to Western, Eastern, Southern and Northern stands as at 1300SMILES Stadium, but will now be joined as one in a bowl, reflecting the stadium design with its full-circumference concourse.
- Significant differences in the capacities and configuration of the bays, seating rows and aisles, in all stands.
- Full season members will transition in their current categories of Diamond, Platinum and Gold Star, bringing a familiar reference point for members to a new venue.
The full-season member seating allocation will take place over the coming weeks, with members to be then advised of their new seat location and a confirmation window.
“There will be many physical changes in our new home, but our membership team are here, as always, to guide members through the process,” Mr Reibel said.
Members are encouraged to take advantage of club information sessions and resources to learn more about the move to the North Queensland Stadium.
- Cowboys 2020 micro-site – map, news, updates and FAQs: cowboys.com.au/nqstadium
- Cowboys HQ: Call 1300 462 692 (option 1), email email@example.com for new stadium enquiries or visit in person during business hours.
- Full season member information sessions: Saturday 15 June, Tuesday 18 June, Wednesday 19 June – by RSVP.
- Game day: Membership tent outside the Summer Members Bar (under Western grandstand), 1300SMILES Stadium, at any home game.
- Stadium info hub, Stockland Townsville: 15 June, 13 July, 27 July, 10 August and 24 August 2019.
The North Queensland Stadium is a joint project of the Queensland Government, Australian Government and Townsville City Council and is supported by both the National Rugby League and the North Queensland Cowboys. The stadium forms part of the Townsville City Deal signed in December 2016. For more information, visit qld.gov.au/nqstadium.