Tickets for Saturday’s ‘Together for North Queensland’ flood relief match just got even hotter with the news that Australian country music legend Lee Kernaghan will perform at 1300SMILES Stadium prior to the Cowboys v Dragons NRL game.
Members, fans and supporters coming out to help raise spirits for the North will be treated to an on-field performance from the 37 Golden Guitar winner during the pre-game show.
The season-opening home game for the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys will also feature a rugby league curtain-raiser, fireworks show and a top-flight NRL game at the family-friendly time of 6.35pm, followed by a performance from Eurovision songstress Dami Im with members and fans on-field.
Four-time ARIA award winner Kernaghan is a long-time and passionate supporter of rural and regional Australia, and a familiar face at Cowboys home games.
"I watched with heartfelt sadness the devastation that the floods caused in Townsville and surrounding areas. To those families in the north-west Queensland communities who have endured drought and flood recently we want you to know we are thinking of you,” Mr Kernaghan said.
“I am thankful to the Cowboys for putting together this fundraising initiative for victims of the floods in Townsville and north-west Queensland.
“I look forward to being part of the program and performing a few songs on Saturday before the game at 1300SMILES Stadium.
“Sticking together at times like these is what we do, so I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday."
In an exciting addition to the performance, Lee Kernaghan fans and supporters of the Townsville and north-west Queensland flood appeal will have the opportunity to bid for two guitars signed by the artist in a special match memorabilia auction, hosted by the Cowboys.
The two guitars – a black Epiphone Acoustic guitar, and a Luthier re-built Fender Stratocaster guitar – will be played by Mr Kernaghan during the pre-game set, and will be listed with other match memorabilia, including 17 signed Cowboys jerseys, in the online auction via cowboys.com.au from Saturday evening.
The Round 1 NRL Telstra Premiership match will be an opportunity for the North Queensland community to come together to continue the goodwill and fundraising to help the region back on its feet.
- GIVIT donation collectors will be located at the gates to assist in fundraising efforts for flood victims in Townsville and north-west Queensland.
- The National Rugby League will also generously donate $100 for every point scored across eight matches in Round 1 to the North Queensland Flood Appeal, through St Vincent De Paul Society.
- Members and fans can bid for match memorabilia in an online auction, with all proceeds going to GIVIT for the Townsville and north-west Queensland flood appeal.
- $10 from every 2019 Cowboys jersey sold at the Cowboys Team Shop merch stands on game night will be donated to the flood appeal.
TOGETHER FOR North Queensland – Raising spirits in the North
Cowboys v Dragons, Saturday 16 March, 1300SMILES Stadium
4 pm: Gates open
4.10pm: ISC U20 Western Mustangs v Northern Pride
5.30pm: Pre-game show with Lee Kernaghan performing
6.35pm: NRL Cowboys v Dragons
Full time: Dami Im performance with members and fans on-field
Tickets available from Ticketek:
· Call: 132 849
· Book: ticketek.com.au
· In person: 1300SMILES Stadium, Cowboys Leagues Club, Stockland Townsville, Townsville Civic Theatre