LGIASUPER COMMUNITY HUB, Cowboys v Warriors
Where: Western forecourt, 1300SMILES Stadium
When: Friday 15 June, 3:45pm – 6pm
- Community organisation: Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS):
- Contribute to the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) by purchasing your own RFDS merchandise; from stubbie coolers, to caps, teddy bears and water bottles!
- Say hi to Flynn the Flyer, the friendly RFDS mascot.
- Join as a LGIAsuper Howdy Club member:
- As a member you can scan your Howdy Club card to claim your bounce ball.
- Free kids' activities, thanks to Amusements Plus.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service are landing in the LGIAsuper Community Hub for the Cowboys v Warriors game this Friday.
Located in the Western forecourt, the LGIAsuper Community Hub hosts not-for-profit organisations throughout the season to help them raise awareness for their cause.
The RFDS is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world, providing extensive primary health care and 24-hour emergency service to people over an area of 7.69 million square kilometres.
The locally based RFDS Near and Far Volunteer Auxiliary team will be helping to raise funds and awareness of the Flying Doctor and how they assist over 300,000 Australians each year access vital health care.
Did you know that you can help "keep the Flying Doctor flying" to communities that need it the most? Here's how you can help:
- Simply drop in to see the RFDS team in the LGIAsuper Community Hub to learn more about their wonderful service!
- Purchase merchandise from the team – you will be contributing to efforts aimed at improving the health all Australians, not just us here in North Queensland.
- Show your support of the RFDS by sharing a photo with the hashtags #rfdsqld or #flyingdoctor. Get a photo with RFDS mascot "Flynn the Flyer" or with your RFDS merchandise on game night.
- Make a once-off or regular donation to help save and improve lives on the RFDS website.
The Flying Doctor is celebrating 90 years
The Royal Flying Doctor Service has been helping Queenslanders in emergencies get back in the game since 1928. After 90 years of service they are recognised as Australia's most reputable charity, and have expanded their aeromedical service to include primary health care services delivered right throughout rural, regional and remote Queensland.
The Flying Doctor has come a long way in 90 years! From a single leased Qantas plane in 1928 the RFDS now have a fleet of 69 planes, 115 road service vehicles and 1,400 professionals to deliver emergency medical and primary health services across the country.
For more information on the Royal Flying Doctor Service go to www.flyingdoctor.org.au.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is delivered by a dedicated team of professionals, using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, and supported by a vast number of volunteers and supporters, the RFDS is vital for those that live, work and travel in rural and remote Australia. Their mission? To provide excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Australia.
Learn more about the RFDS at www.flyingdoctor.org.au/about-the-rfds.
LGIAsuper is the Official Superannuation Partner of the North Queensland Cowboys. We're committed to supporting local communities and our valued members as they build towards a better financial future.
Find out how easy it is to join a winning team by contacting 1800 444 396 or visit lgiasuper.com.au/grow