Fulton Hogan – friends indeed!
Construction and asphalting company Fulton Hogan has become the inaugural “Founding Friend of the House" for NRL Cowboys House.
“Founding Friends of the House” is both a fundraising strategy and a means for engaging the community in NRL Cowboys House, the new boarding facility enabling Indigenous students from remote North Queensland communities to attend secondary school in Townsville.
Currently under construction, NRL Cowboys House will begin accommodating students at the start of the 2017 school year, providing life-changing opportunities for some of the most disadvantaged young people in the country.
“We established the 'Founding Friends of the House' program to give businesses and individuals a way of supporting NRL Cowboys House and the young people who will live there," Cowboys Community Foundation Executive Director Fiona Pelling said.
"It is fantastic that Fulton Hogan has joined the team as our inaugural 'friend' and we thank them for their support of this important project."
Managed by the Cowboys Community Foundation, the charity arm of the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys, NRL Cowboys House is a joint initiative between the National Rugby League, North Queensland Toyota Cowboys, the Queensland Government and the Australian Government.
Fulton Hogan General Manager Richard Pearson said the company was excited about their involvement.
“This is a great opportunity for us to help build strong futures for Indigenous youth," Mr Pearson said.
"As part of our involvement we will work closely with House students to offer work experience and cadetships.
"By opening the students’ eyes to the opportunities within Fulton Hogan and the construction sector, we can create career paths for the students involved.”
Founding Friends of the House, such as Fulton Hogan, will receive:
- Recognition as a Founding Friend of the House on a permanent fixture in NRL Cowboys House
- Two 2017 Cowboys Gold Star memberships (tickets & seating with House staff/students)
- Unique Founding Friend of the House memorabilia item
- Recognition (logo & link) on Cowboys Community Foundation website (cowboysfoundation.org.au)
- Invitation to attend the official opening of NRL Cowboys House and VIP orientation (late 2016)
- Invitation to attend an end-of-year event to celebrate our first year, hosted by House students and staff (2017)
For more information:
• Founding Friends of the House partnership opportunity
• Contact Jeff Reibel (0439 993 067) or Ross Aldridge (0428 058 080) to discuss
Investment in NRL Cowboys House as a 'Founding Friend of the House' may be tax-deductible.