The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys have welcomed their draw for the final six rounds of the 2016 NRL Telstra Premiership, with the club getting three Saturday night home games to round out their regular season.
The NRL today released the final dates for Rounds 21-26, with the Cowboys playing three home and three away fixtures:
- Round 21: Saturday 30 July v Storm, 1300SMILES Stadium – kick off 7.30pm
- Round 22: Sunday 7 August v Tigers, Leichhardt Oval – kick off 4pm
- Round 23: Sunday 14 August v Roosters, Allianz Stadium – kick off 4pm
- Round 24: Saturday 20 August v Warriors, 1300SMILES Stadium – kick off 7.30pm
- Round 25: Thursday 25 August v Bulldogs, Belmore Sports Ground – kick off 7.50pm
- Round 26: Saturday 3 September v Titans, 1300SMILES Stadium – kick off 5.30pm
Cowboys CEO Greg welcomed the draw, saying the club had received its favoured Saturday night scheduling for the final three home games of the regular season.
“Three great clashes at 1300SMILES Stadium to round out the regular season is fantastic news for the club,” Mr Tonner said.
“Our beloved members and fans tell us that Saturday night suits them the best for home games, and it’s great to see that matches against the Storm, Warriors and Titans will play us in our house in front of bumper crowds.
“With so many of the BLUE+GREY members travelling for matches, it means they’ll be well-placed to attend all of these blockbuster clashes.”
General Manager – Football Peter Parr said having just one five-day turnaround in the final six rounds was pleasing for the club.
“Given the amount of travel we do because of where we live, getting things spot-on for away games is vitally important to us," Mr Parr said.
"We’re happy from that side of things that there’s only the one short turnaround in there – Round 24 on a Saturday night into that away game against the Bulldogs.”