North Queensland Toyota Cowboys centre Justin O'Neill will debut for Queensland in next Wednesday's State of Origin Game 1 at ANZ Stadium.
XXXX Queensland Maroons coach Kevin Walters named four Cowboys in his first side tonight – club co-captains Johnathan Thurston and Matt Scott, five-eighth Michael Morgan and O'Neill, one of two Queensland debutantes.
Corey Oates will become the 183rd player to represent Queensland at Origin level and O’Neill the 184th when the Maroons take the field on 1 June.
With his Origin stars unavailable, Cowboys head coach Paul Green today unveiled a new halves pairing for his team to play the Dragons in Wollongong this Saturday, with utility back Jahrome Hughes set to partner on debut with Ray Thompson.
Queensland Maroons – Game 1:
1. Darius Boyd, Brisbane Broncos
2. Corey Oates, Brisbane Broncos
3. Greg Inglis, South Sydney Rabbitohs
4. Justin O’Neill, North Queensland Cowboys
5. Dane Gagai, Newcastle Knights
6. Johnathan Thurston, North Queensland Cowboys
7. Cooper Cronk, Melbourne Storm
8. Matt Scott, North Queensland Cowboys
9. Cameron Smith (c) Melbourne Storm
10. Nate Myles, Manly Sea Eagles
11. Matt Gillett, Brisbane Broncos
12. Sam Thaiday, Brisbane Broncos
13. Corey Parker, Brisbane Broncos
14. Michael Morgan, North Queensland Cowboys
15. Josh McGuire, Brisbane Broncos
16. Aidan Guerra, Sydney Roosters
17. Josh Papalii, Canberra Raiders