Cowboys v Broncos SOLD OUT
Members and supporters are urged to get to the Round 11 NRL clash between the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys and the Brisbane Broncos at 13000SMILES Stadium early, with the match on Friday 20 May officially a sellout.
Tickets to the Queensland derby blockbuster have sold out two weeks ahead of the clash between the 2015 NRL grand finalists, with another epic match tipped.
The past two meetings between the teams – last year’s Telstra Premiership decider and in Round 4 this year – have resulted in one-point victories, 17-16 to the Cowboys in the grand final and 21-20 to the Broncos in March.
North Queensland Toyota Cowboys v Brisbane Broncos
Friday 20 May, 1300SMILES Stadium
Gates open: 5pm
NYC Cowboys v NYC Broncos: 5.35pm
Pre-game show: From 7pm
NRL Cowboys v NRL Broncos: 7.55pm
Cowboys CEO Greg Tonner said the match was one that people in the North Queensland community would have had circled in their calendar months ago, with 25,000 fans set to create a special atmosphere for Friday night footy.
“To have sold this blockbuster out two weeks ahead of the game is a testament to the sheer passion of our members and supporters for their team, and it promises to be a night to remember,” Mr Tonner said.
“Our passion is what unites us and our ability to rally behind our team and cheer with one voice.
"It’s going to be a memorable night to see the home ground of the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys filled to capacity.”
- The game will be proudly supported by Toyota and the North Queensland Toyota Dealers, and patrons are urged to get to the ground as early as possible. If you have missed out on tickets but would still like to support the boys, head to the Cowboys Leagues Club to watch the game – bookings are recommended.
- Sunbus will run services from the Cowboys Leagues Club in Flinders St to the game.
- Return buses will also run into town after the game.
- Sunbus services will also take in The Ville and all stops along Ross River Rd via Willows.
- A free shuttle bus operates between Thuringowa Drive (opposite council chambers) and 1300SMILES Stadium. Park your car for free and catch the shuttle bus to and from the stadium.
Stay tuned to cowboys.com.au for more updates on this huge night!