LGIASUPER COMMUNITY HUB, Cowboys v Storm
Where: Western forecourt, 1300SMILES Stadium
When: Friday 25 May, 5:20pm – 7:50pm
- Organisation in the Hub: Wilmar Sugar will make sure the kids are entertained, while sharing an important safety message with the whole family before the game this Friday.
- WIN A PRIZE: Kids can collect a postcard as they enter the stadium to become a Wilmar Sugar locomotive. The job is to collect full cane bins from the three cane sidings set up around the stadium. Once all three cane bins have been collected the next step is to deliver them to the sugar mill, which will be set up at the LGIAsuper Community Hub. Everyone who presents a completed card will get to do a lucky dip and enter a draw to win four tickets to a Cowboys game.
- ACTIVITIES FOR THE KIDS: At the LGIAsuper Community Hub families can learn how to turn sugarcane into raw sugar and we'll have a painting station set up for smaller children.
- MASCOT: look out for the cane train safety mascot, Sam!
- Join as an LGIAsuper Howdy Club member
- As a member you can scan your Howdy Club card to claim your free flags.
- Free kids' activities, thanks to Amusements Plus
The LGIAsuper Community Hub returns to 1300SMILES Stadium on Friday night for the Round 12 clash between the Cowboys and Storm.
Located in the Western forecourt, the LGIAsuper Community Hub hosts organisations throughout the season.
This Friday Wilmar Sugar will be in the Hub and have plenty of fun planned for families before kick-off.
Wilmar Sugar Community Relations Manager Kylie Newman said that they will be sending an important message on the night – how to stay safe around cane trains.
"Children will have the opportunity to learn where cane trains fit in the sugarcane crushing process and what they should do to stay safe around cane trains," she said.
As the 2018 crushing season begins early next month Wilmar Sugar aims to make people of all ages aware that cane trains will be on the move across the milling regions again soon.
"Of course, we'll also have our cane train safety mascot, Sam, there. We'll have a number of cane railway tracks set up around the stadium and people will need to give way whenever Sam is crossing the tracks in front of them," Ms Newman said.
Wilmar Sugar sponsor a wide range of community programs and are a community partner of the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys.
LGIAsuper is the Official Superannuation Partner of the North Queensland Cowboys. We're committed to supporting local communities and our valued members as they build towards a better financial future.
Find out how easy it is to join a winning team by contacting 1800 444 396 or visit lgiasuper.com.au/grow
Wilmar Sugar owns and operates eight sugar mills in North and Central Queensland. Together they manufacture more than half of Australia's raw sugar, crushing about 15 million tonnes of cane annually to produce more than two million tonnes of raw sugar. Their mills operate each year during the crushing season, which typically runs from June to November. There's more to Wilmar than the sugar they produce however, and they're incredibly proud of the contribution they make to the people and land that supply their business.
For more information on Wilmar Sugar go to www.wilmarsugarmills.com.au