North Queensland Toyota Cowboys CEO Greg Tonner wants to see 1300SMILES Stadium rocking for the club’s final three home blockbusters for the 2017 National Rugby League season.
With the NRL today releasing the dates for Rounds 21-26, members and potential members alike can now start planning for how they want to get behind the boys as the regular season reaches its thrilling climax.
Drawcards of the run home include:
- A Round 22 Friday night blockbuster in Townsville against perennial competition heavyweights the Melbourne Storm – the team from Melbourne edged the Cowboys in Round 15 in golden-point extra-time so our boys will be hungry for redemption.
- A Round 24 clash with reigning NRL Premiers Cronulla – the Sharks pipped us in Round 11 so it’s time to turn the tables.
- Round 26 versus epic rivals Broncos at home on a Thursday night – they don’t get any bigger than this and what better way to end the regular season than rolling out another chapter in this storied rivalry.
“We’re so excited at what lies ahead for the club in terms of our remaining home games,” Mr Tonner said.
“We always knew about Round 20 versus the Warriors on Saturday – which promises to be a belter – but now we have clarity on the final six rounds of the seasons and all of North Queensland should be super-pumped about these three mouth-watering home fixtures.”
“Our last game against the Storm went to golden point and there’ll be superstars galore involved in that match; North Queensland and Cronulla are establishing a fierce rivalry after meeting in the finals in 2015 and 2016; and what more can be said about the Broncos – every time these teams meet, the result is nerve-rackingly close.”
Mr Tonner said the best way to enjoy the final home matches of the regular season was with a Silver Star membership, which gets you tickets to three Cowboys home games – the perfect way to show the team your support as another dramatic campaign inches towards the finals.
“We want to see 1300SMILES Stadium jam-packed for these matches – we love your passion and support and we’re calling on you to turn that passion into memberships with a massive final push,” Mr Tonner said.
“We want the NRL and the country to know just how special it is to belong to the Cowboys … we believe in our club and what we’re about, and we want you to belong to this great club.”
Aside from the triple delight at home, the Cowboys will enter enemy territory three times in the final six rounds with Sydney raids against the Roosters, Panthers and Wests Tigers all locked in.
- Round 21 v Roosters: 7.30pm, Saturday 29 July, Allianz Stadium (Fox)
- Round 22 v Storm: 7.50pm, Friday 4 August, 1300SMILES Stadium (Nine, Fox)
- Round 23 v Panthers: 7.30pm, Saturday 12 August, Pepper Stadium (Nine, Fox)
- Round 24 v Sharks: 7.30pm, Saturday 19 August, 1300SMILES Stadium (Nine, Fox)
- Round 25 v Tigers: 7.50pm, Friday 25 August, Campbelltown Stadium (Nine, Fox)
- Round 26 v Broncos: 7.50pm, Thursday 31 August, 1300SMILES Stadium (Nine, Fox)
JOIN THE COWBOYS FAMILY TODAY!
Call: 1300 462 692 (option 1)
In person: Cowboys HQ, Golf Links Drive, Kirwan