Cowboys shaving for a cure!
North Queensland Toyota Cowboys Lachlan Coote, John Asiata and Ethan Lowe have teamed up for the Leukaemia Foundation's World's Greatest Shave and they need your support!
Lachlan and John will shave their heads as part of the campaign running 10-13 March to help people with blood cancer, while fellow team member Ethan will colour his hair for the cause.
You can sponsor the trio as a team or individually – just $28 provides a cancer information pack to help a family affected by this disease to prepare for the challenges ahead.
The World’s Greatest Shave is the Leukaemia Foundation’s most important fundraiser, providing a fun way to lessen the impact of blood cancer in our community.
Dave Simms, head of fundraising at the Leukaemia Foundation of Australia, says that proceeds from the World's Greatest Shave World’s Greatest Shave helps fund urgent life-saving research and gives families the emotional and practical support they need, free of charge.
“Today, 34 Australians will be given the devastating news that they have leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma, and they’ll turn to the Leukaemia Foundation for help,” he said.
“When you’re healthy, it’s hard to understand the value of counselling, transport to and from chemotherapy, or being given a free place to stay during treatment if you come from a regional or rural area. But this support matters when you’re too sick to work, and financial and emotional stress levels are high.”
To participate as a shaver, sign up now at worldsgreatestshave.com or call 1800 500 088.
Did you know?
- More than 12,000 Australians will develop leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma this year – or 34 people every day.
- Blood cancer claims the lives of more Australians than breast cancer and melanoma.
- Leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma are types of blood cancer. They can develop in anyone, at any time at any age.
- Money raised from World's Greatest Shave funds blood cancer research and free support through the Leukaemia Foundation.
- The Leukaemia Foundation is the only Australia-wide charity dedicated to the care and cure of people with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and related blood disorders.