• REDCLIFFE DOLPHINS v MACKAY CUTTERS
Sunday 26 July, Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe
Redcliffe Dolphins 40 (Josh Beehag, Tom Opacic, John Brady, Darcy Etrich, Nick Ritter, Harley Aiono, Aaron Whitchurch tries; Luke Capewell 6 goals) def Mackay Cutters 18 (Josh Chudleigh 2, Aleki Falepaini tries; Liam Taylor 3 goals) at Dolphin Oval.
The Mackay Cutters are clinging to the Intrust Super top six after being soundly defeated by Redcliffe at Dolphin Oval in a disappointing weekend for the two North Queensland Toyota Cowboys feeder teams in action. The 40-18 result saw seven different Dolphins players cross for tries, with Luke Capewell accurate with the boot in kicking six from seven conversion attempts. Cowboys-contracted hooker Josh Chudleigh crossed for two tries after scoring a double last weekend.
The Cutters (24 points) sit one place on the Intrust Super Cup ladder above fellow Cowboys feeder side Northern Pride (also 24 points) with 10 wins and eight losses from 18 games played. The Pride had the bye at the weekend, while for the eighth-placed Dolphins (21 points), they are still very much in the finals mix with eight wins, nine losses and a draw from 18 games played. The Cutters will be hosted by the Tweed Head Seagulls on Sunday, 2 August.
• PNG HUNTERS v TOWNSVILLE BLACKHAWKS
Sunday 26 July, Kalabond Oval, Kokopo
PNG Hunters 28 (Stargroth Amean, Noel Zeming, Adex Wera, Israel Eliab, Ase Boas tries; Noel Zeming 4 goals) def Townsville Blackhawks 26 (Zac Santo, Michael Parker-Walshe, Daniel Beasley, Kelepi Tanginoa, Neville Costigan tries; Kyle Feldt 3 goals) at Kalabond Oval, Kokopo.
For the second time this season, the ladder-leading Townsville Blackhawks have had their colours lowered by the PNG Hunters, as the competition newcomers fell 28-26 in Kokopo on Sunday. The result follows a six-point triumph by the Hunters over the Blackhawks in Round 10 in Townsville and the completion of Round 20 has both teams on 33 points.
The Blackhawks (15 wins, three losses, one draw) have a superior points differential and have a bye up their sleeves, but the Hunters (14 wins, three losses, one draw) have a happy knack of winning tight matches, and will be thrilled with again knocking off the competition frontrunners. Cowboys flyer Zac Santo again crossed for the Blackhawks while backrower Kelepi Tanginoa also got on the scoresheet. The Blackhawks have the bye in Round 21.
Other Round 20 results:
SATURDAY, 25 JULY
• Ipswich Jets 36 (Marmin Barba 2, Brandon McGrady 2, Chris Walker, Josh Cleeland, Billy McConnachie tries; Haydan Lipp 3, Chris Walker goals) def Norths Devils 22 (Michael Lucas, Byron Creighton, Krys Freeman, Luke Pollock tries; Liam Tyson 3 goals) at North Ipswich Reserve.
SUNDAY, 26 JULY
• Easts Tigers 56 (Shane Neumann 2, Brandon Downey 2, Tommy Butterfield 2, Donald Malone, Maeli Seve, Shaun Nona, Jake Foster tries; Shaun Nona 8 goals) def CQ Capras 22 (Tarrant Mariner, Matt Minto, Josh Johnston, Rajan Opetaia-Halls tries; Matt Minto 3 goals) at Browne Park.
• Burleigh Bears 18 (Talor Walters, Dimitri Pelo, Josh Ailaomai tries; Talor Walters 3 goals) def Souths Logan Magpies 14 (Ihaka Watene, Scott Doyle tries; Scott Doyle 3 goals) at Pizzey Park.
• Tweed Heads Seagulls 30 (Dave Taylor 2, Ali Grant, Nathanael Barnes, Shaun Carney tries; Blake Anderson 4, Ali Grant goals) def Wynnum Manly Seagulls 16 (Peter Gubb, Mitchell Buckett, Mitchell Lollback tries; Patrick Templeman 2 goals) at Piggabeen Sports.