North Queensland forward James Tamou has retained his place in the New South Wales State of Origin team that will chase a series cleansweep against Queensland on Wednesday week.
Tamou will again come off the interchange bench in his eighth Origin appearance and for the first time will not come face to face with good mate and fellow Cowboy Matthew Scott, whose cheekbone fracture has cost him his place in the Queensland lineup.
Josh Morris is set to return to the scene of his Origin I heroics, named as a replacement for the injured Michael Jennings in one of three forced changes to Laurie Daley's NSW side.
Morris returns for his first game in six weeks having recovered from the knee injury he bravely played on with in the Blues' epic win at Suncorp Stadium in Origin I, while Knights winger James McManus has earned a recall to the interstate arena as cover for injured Parramatta three-quarter Will Hopoate.
Roosters back-rower Boyd Cordner also joins the squad having proved his fitness in last Friday night's clash with Manly, coming in for the suspended Anthony Watmough on the bench.
New South Wales
1. Jarryd HAYNE (Parramatta Eels)
2. James McMANUS (Newcastle Knights)
3. Josh DUGAN (St George Illawarra Dragons)
4. Josh MORRIS (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
5. Daniel TUPOU (Sydney Roosters)
6. Josh REYNOLDS (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
7. Trent HODKINSON (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
8. Aaron WOODS (Wests Tigers)
9. Robbie FARAH (Wests Tigers)
10. Paul GALLEN (Cronulla Sutherland Sharks) (c)
11. Ryan HOFFMAN (Melbourne Storm)
12. Beau SCOTT (Newcastle Knights)
13. Greg BIRD (Gold Coast Titans)
14. James TAMOU (North Queensland Cowboys)
15. Trent MERRIN (St George Illawarra Dragons)
16. Boyd CORDNER (Sydney Roosters)
17. Luke LEWIS (Cronulla Sutherland Sharks)