Rehab Report: Round 17
• Ray Thompson (hamstring): After being forced off during the first half of the loss to Newcastle, the PNG World Cup representative is expected to return to running this week and be available to play after the bye in round 18.
• Brent Tate (knee): The State of Origin winger is out for the season after suffering an ACL tear and cartilage damage in State of Origin Game II. He will have surgery this week.
• Matt Scott (cheekbone): The Cowboys co-captain had surgery on a cheekbone fracture sustained in the first half of the State of Origin match on Wednesday night. It’s likely he will be sidelined for another five weeks.
• Joel Riethmuller (hamstring): The back-rower will be out for another four weeks after tearing his hamstring playing for the Northern Pride.
• Gavin Cooper (hip): The back-rower has discarded his crutches and started running on the Alter G treadmill. He should start running outdoors this week and hopes to be back on the playing field in round 22.
• Cameron King (knee): The hooker is out for the rest of the season after rupturing his ACL in round 10.
• Lachlan Coote (knee): The fullback is running outdoors as his recovery from an ACL tear at the Auckland Nines continues to go as planned. There is no firm date as yet on when he will be able to play again.
• Patrick Kaufusi (pectoral): The young forward faces another five weeks on the sideline after tearing his pec in the first half of the season-opening NYC game against Canberra. He is taking part in skills work at training.