Rehab Report: Round 15 update
• Brent Tate (knee): The State of Origin winger is out for the season after suffering an ACL tear and cartilage damage in State of Origin game two. He will have surgery next week.
• Matt Scott (cheekbone): The Cowboys co-captain had surgery on a cheekbone fracture sustained in the first half of the State of Origin match on Wednesday night. It’s likely he will be sidelined for six weeks.
• Joel Riethmuller (hamstring): After tearing his hamstring playing for the Northern Pride on Saturday night, the back-rower will be out for three to four weeks.
• Gavin Cooper (hip): The back-rower has discarded his crutches and has started running on the Alter G treadmill. He should start running outdoors next week. He hopes to be back on the playing field in round 22.
• Cameron King (knee): The hooker is out for the rest of the season after rupturing his ACL in round 10.
• Lachlan Coote (knee): The fullback is running outdoors as his recovery from an ACL tear at the Auckland Nines continues to go as planned. There is no firm date as yet on when he will be able to play again.
• Patrick Kaufusi (pectoral): The young forward faces another seven weeks on the sidelines after tearing his pec in the first half of the season-opening NYC game against Canberra. He has started skills work at training.