Five young footballers linked to the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys have been selected in the Queensland Under 16s to play New South Wales in a curtain-raiser to State of Origin game one at Suncorp Stadium on 28 May.
Wingers Michael Carroll (Northern Pride) and Enari Tuala (Townsville Stingers), lock Reuben Cotter (Mackay Cutters) and interchange back Marshall Hudson (Townsville Stingers) have junior contracts with the Cowboys, while centre Jason Chapman is part of the Toyota Cowboys Academy program.
The Pride won the under-16 Cyril Connell Cup at the weekend, beating the Stingers 14-12 in the final at Barlow Park in Cairns.
The Queensland team assembles in camp on Friday 23 May.
1. Gehamat SHIBASAKI (Townsville Stingers)
2. Michael CARROLL (Northern Pride)
3. Steven TATIPATA (Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
4. Jason CHAPMAN (Northern Pride)
5. Enari TUALA (Townsville Stingers)
6. Sato KETIA OPO (Souths Logan Magpies)
7. Lachlan LAM (Sydney Roosters HM)
8. William O'GRADEY (Toowoomba Clydesdales)
9. Brent WOOLF (Gold Coast Green)
10. Ethan PAIKEA (Gold Coast White)
11. Syd SMITH (Souths Logan Magpies)
12. Kobe TARARO (Souths Logan Magpies)
13. Reuben COTTER (Mackay Cutters)
14. Vito SULA-SIAOSI (Gold Coast White)
15. Jack PEACOCK (Gold Coast Green)
16. Mitipere TUATAI (Northern Pride)
17. Zane WILLSHIRE (Toowoomba Clydesdales)
18. Marshall HUDSON (Townsville Stingers)
Coach: Kurt Richards