Terms and Conditions - 2021 Supporter Membership
Super Star & Rising Star (Supporter) membership 20/21 season
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
These Terms & Conditions apply to 2021 memberships as well as the process that we will use for rolling-renewal of your 2021 membership into a 2022 membership.
We will refer to the process of renewing membership between seasons as our ‘Rolling Renewal’ process. You can learn more about how the Rolling Renewal process works and how to opt-out of that process in these Terms & Conditions.
In these Terms & Conditions, we will refer to the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys as ‘us’, ‘we and ‘our’. We will further refer to a member in these Terms & Conditions as a ‘member’, ‘you’ and ‘your’. We will also refer to Super Star and Rising Star memberships as supporter memberships.
By applying for season membership you acknowledge and agree that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and that each other member listed in your membership account has read and understood or will comply with these Terms & Conditions.
Nothing in these Term and Conditions amends, limits or excludes any rights or remedies that a member may have under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot lawfully be amended, limited or excluded.
Please read these Terms and Conditions prior to proceeding with your membership selection for the 2021 season.
1. Membership categories for the 2021 season are explained on our website and include corporate-lite ‘Club 95’ season membership as well as our ‘Diamond’, ‘Platinum’, ‘Gold’ and ‘Supporter’ memberships.
2. Different entitlements apply to different membership categories and the entitlements may change from season-to-season. We may also change the name of membership categories from season-to-season or introduce new categories of membership. We may also change the price of membership from season to season.
3. Additional terms apply for our ticketed memberships and these will be set out on our website once they are released.
4. By purchasing a membership, you become a member of the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys for the period of that membership. Each season's membership relates to a National Rugby League (NRL) season but is current for our Club’s ‘financial year’, which is 1 November 2020 to 31 October 2021 for the 2021 season. As a member, you can enjoy applicable membership benefits (such as discounts on merchandise) during the whole of the Club’s financial year for the membership (not just during the playing season).
5. Membership benefits and entitlements for each season and membership category are detailed on our website here: Member benefits.
Overview of the Rolling Renewal process for memberships
6. Rolling Renewal of membership is a convenient way for you to secure and pay for your membership from season-to-season without having to re-apply or provide your card details each time. You can allow your membership to be automatically paid for and rolled-over into the same membership category for the following season using the same payment method that you provided for the previous season’s membership.
7. Unless you opt out of the Rolling Renewal process (see clauses 11-13 below), we will give you advance written notice of the Rolling Renewal window for renewing your membership into the following season and provide you with other details about the Rolling Renewal process, including membership pricing for the new season, membership entitlements, and how to opt-out of the Rolling Renewal process.
Paying for membership
8. Rolling Renewal is only available for memberships paid for by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) or by a Visa or MasterCard debit card.
9. Membership may also be paid for by Cash, Eftpos or Cheque however members paying by these payment methods will not receive the benefits of, or be part of, our Rolling Renewal process. Membership paid for by these methods will lapse at the end of the membership and the member will need to reapply for membership for the new season.
10. You should only apply for membership if you are the card holder or with the authority of the card holder. If you are not the card holder and you apply or have applied for membership, you represent and warrant to us that you have the authority of the card holder to do so.
11. If you change credit or debit cards, our Rolling Renewal process gives you the ability to use a different card as long as you let us know in advance of payment occurring and your new card is one referred to in clause 8, above. You can update your card details at any time via your membership account (please allow at least 5 business days for your payment method to be updated prior to any membership payment becoming payable). We will also remind you how to update your card details when we send you Rolling Renewal notices.
Opting-out of the Rolling Renewal process
12. You can opt-out of the Rolling Renewal process at any time by writing to us prior to 1 September 2021, requesting to opt-out of the Rolling Renewal process by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to P.O. Box 577, Thuringowa Central, Qld, 4817. We will also remind you about how to opt-out when we write to you about the Rolling Renewal window for your membership.
13. However, please note that, if you opt-out of the Rolling Renewal process:
a. you will not receive any Rolling Renewal notices or reminders for the following season; and
b. if, after opting out, you subsequently decide that you want a season membership for any subsequent season:
i. you will need to go through the membership application process again (including re-entering your personal and payment details);
ii. if you acquire a new membership, that membership will be subject to the Rolling Renewal process unless you optout.
13. Notifications to optout of the Rolling Renewal process cannot be given over the phone.
Rolling Renewal from your 2021 membership to a 2022 membership
14. Payments for Rolling Renewal from your 2021 membership to a 2022 membership will occur on or around 15 October 2021.
15. On or around 30 August 2021, you will receive written notice by email or letter to your address supplied with your membership application (or as updated by you in your membership account or by you notifying us under clause 17, below). The notice will provide: (i) the price for 2022 membership (based on your current category or membership); and (ii) a 14 day opt-out period during which you can notify us that you do not want to proceed with your Rolling Renewal to the following season’s membership (i.e not have us deduct your new season membership fees from your credit or debit card). If you do not opt-out during or prior to the opt-out window, we will deduct your membership fees for the following season from the card that we have on record for your membership.
16. If you already have a membership, you can also opt-out at any time prior to the start of the opt-out period by emailing the membership team at email@example.com and confirming that you wish to opt-out of the Rolling Renewal process.
17. You agree to keep your contact details up-to-date so that we can communicate effectively with you about Rolling Renewal and keep you informed about other matters. You can update your contact details by logging into the membership portal and updating your details or you can email the membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your new details and we can update your details on your behalf.
Terms applicable to Team Shop Vouchers provided with membership
18. If your membership entitlements include a Team Shop Voucher, you can elect to receive either an online or in-person Team Shop merchandise voucher.
19. The online voucher can only be redeemed online at cowboysteamshop.com.au by entering your unique voucher code into the ‘promo code’ section on the check-out page.
20. The voucher must be used in one transaction and no change or voucher for the balance will be given.
21. The in-person voucher can only be redeemed at the Cowboys Team Shop located at the Cowboys Leagues Club or at the merchandise stands/van on game days.
22. Only one voucher can be used per transaction.
23. The voucher is not valid for use on sale items.
24. 2021 vouchers are valid until 31/08/2021.
25. All prices set out on this website and these Term & Conditions are GST-inclusive.
26. You must pay for your membership at the time your membership is renewed under the Rolling Renewal process or when you apply for the membership.
27. Refund of membership is not permitted for change of mind or for changes in personal circumstances. Where a member has a right to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law, a refund will be provided. The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys reserves the right to require the return of any merchandise supplied as part of a membership package as a precondition of providing a full or partial refund of membership fees or, in the event that the member cannot or does not return the merchandise, the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys will deduct the cost of the merchandise from the refund amount.
28. The club has a Hardship Relief Request policy which outlines the process regarding a request by a member for payment relief or a refund because of changes in either personal or macroeconomic financial situations. Please contact the membership manager via email on email@example.com to request an application form if required.
29. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your season membership if you breach the Cowboys Members & Fans Code of Conduct (refer to cowboys.com.au), if you breach the terms of entry of Queensland Country Bank Stadium, or have been removed by security or police from Queensland Country Bank Stadium.
30. We may cancel part or all of an event (in our absolute discretion) without notice, including if an event outside our reasonable control occurs including fire, storm, flood, earthquake, explosion, war, invasion, rebellion, sabotage, epidemic, pandemic, government intervention, labour dispute, labour shortage, failure or delay in transportation and act or omission of any third person (including the NRL, subcontractors, customers, governments or government agencies). In the event of cancellation, we will use our best endeavours to provide to you a suitable replacement benefit or refund.
31. We are not the owners or operators of Queensland Country Bank Stadium. We do not make any representation or warranty that any purchased seat at the stadium (whether reserved or unreserved) will be unaffected by weather events or other ‘acts of God’, such as rain, storms or flooding that may occur before, during or after a game or event. You acknowledge and agree that weather events and ‘acts of God’ are beyond our control and may impact on your enjoyment of, or ability to watch, an event or game. We do not offer refunds for such weather events or ‘acts of God’.
32. For the purposes of membership, a child is a person 5 to 15 years of age (inclusive) as at the time of the membership is purchased.
33. The North Queensland Toyota Club’s primary means of communication is email however we may also need to contact you by phone or other methods about matters relating to your membership. You must inform us of any changes to your contact details and make sure your contact details are complete and correct.
Supporter membership entitlement terms
34. When you join as a member, you consent to receiving:
a. club updates and offers;
b. sponsor and partner offers; and
c. NRL ticketing offers (see clauses 39 and 40 below).
You can unsubscribe or change your preferences for the types of emails you receive by following the link to the preference centre at the bottom of any Cowboys’ email.
35. It is a condition of financial membership that members give consent to Cowboys Rugby League Football Limited, its affiliates and agents, to use their image and likeness and/or any interview statements from members in its publications, advertising or other media activities (including the Internet), without compensation or other remuneration, now or in the future. By signing up for a membership, you provide this consent, and you represent that any others on whose behalf you are obtaining a membership (e.g. family members) also give the same consent.
37. If you are over 18 and a 2021 member, you will receive a complimentary membership to the Cowboys Leagues Club (cowboysleagues.com.au) valued at $11. Members that purchase their 2021 membership through the Rolling Renewal process will receive their Cowboys Leagues Club membership card in the post approximately 1 month after purchasing their membership. You must provide your full date of birth with your membership application and in your membership account so we can verify your age. A person can only hold one Leagues Club membership. Your Leagues Club membership is valid until 31 October 2021 and is subject to the conditions of entry for the Leagues Club, which you can read here: Entry requirements
38. Membership (and Leagues Club membership) cannot be transferred to another person or listed in a family or company name.
39. From time to time the NRL releases tickets to members of all NRL clubs for a variety of events – including State of Origin, International Tests, NRL Finals series and the NRL Grand Final – prior to those tickets going on sale to the general public. These offers are subject to their own terms and conditions and these Terms & Conditions do not apply to those events. The Cowboys does not make any representation or give any warranty on behalf of the promoter of those in relation to these. Purchase entitlement codes are required to secure tickets for these types of events. These offers will be communicated electronically.
40. Supporter members are entitled to second priority access to State of Origin tickets and NRL finals tickets. Second priority is defined as access to a buying window prior to general public on-sale but following the full season ticketed members (first priority) buying window. Your email address must be supplied to receive notification of the buying window and you must be subscribed to NRL ticketing offers.
41. Supporter members are entitled to 10% discount off home game tickets for family and friends. This discount can be accessed by using your membership number during the Ticketmaster purchase process for game day tickets. Please note that a maximum of four tickets can be purchased per game per member with this discount.
42. Supporter members are entitled to a 10% discount off merchandise at the Cowboys Team Shop. This discount can be accessed in person by showing your current membership card or online by logging into the Team Shop using your MyCowboys username and password.
43. Access to Cowboys Castle Members Bar at Queensland Country Bank Stadium is provided upon presentation of your current membership card. Please note that children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult member.