Terms and Conditions - 2022 Virtual Party
2022 Cowboys Distant Star Virtual Party (21/22 season)
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
These Terms and Conditions apply to the 2022 Cowboys Distant Star Virtual Party ('virtual party').
For Terms and Conditions relating to Distant Star membership, visit: https://www.cowboys.com.au/membership/terms-and-conditions/
In these Terms and Conditions, we will refer to the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys as ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’. We will further refer to the purchaser of membership as a ‘member’, ‘you’ and ‘your’.
By attending the virtual party, members acknowledge and agree any person/s who accompany them will comply with these terms and conditions.
Nothing in these Term and Conditions amends, limits or excludes any rights or remedies that a member may have under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot lawfully be amended, limited or excluded.
1.Access to the event is limited to Distant Star members as well as occupants of their household (only if the actual Distant Star member is present on the online meeting session.)
2. The virtual party will be facilitated by the club using a commonly-used online meeting platform, to be advised.
3. The member will be given email notice of the online meeting platform that will be used to provide the winning member sufficient time to log in or establish an account and/or test their connection.
4. The event will be scheduled for the NRL playing season.
3. Multiple sessions of the virtual party may be delivered if required to accommodate any limitations of the meeting platform or streaming service.
6. If multiple sessions of the virtual party are scheduled, members will be allocated 1 (one) session date to attend. If a member is not available to attend their allocated session, they will forfeit their attendance.
8. Access to the virtual party is non-transferable, cannot be sold, returned for a refund or exchanged for cash or credit.
Access to the virtual party
8. It is the responsibility of the Distant Star member to arrange their attendance at their nominated session date and time if they wish to participate.
9. The Cowboys will not subsidise or reimburse any costs accrued by members to participate in the virtual party, including (but not limited to): travel costs, equipment hire or purchase or internet services.
10. Throughout the virtual party, participants must abide by all instructions given by us to ensure all health, safety and confidentiality requirements are adhered to.
11. Throughout the event, we may mute your audio, block vision from your webcam or end your connection with the Virtual Party at any time, at our discretion.
12. Virtual party participants must notify us of any special requirements (i.e. accessibility requirements) at the time they purchase membership. The Cowboys will make every endeavour, however cannot guarantee all special requirements will be met in all instances.
13. The Cowboys retains the right to alter or cancel virtual party inclusions, dates or times if unforeseen circumstances occur. Although every effort is made, the Cowboys shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join the tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control.
Virtual party cancellation
14. The Cowboys reserves the right to suspend or cancel your participation in the virtual party if you breach the Cowboys Members & Fans Code of Conduct or if you breach the terms of entry or have been removed by security or police from a Cowboys virtual or in-person event.
15. We may cancel part or all of a virtual party if an event outside our reasonable control occurs that impacts or may impact on it, including, but not limited to: fire, storm, flood, tsunami, earthquake, explosion, war, invasion, rebellion, sabotage, epidemic, pandemic (including the Covid-19 pandemic), government intervention or orders (whether mandatory or recommended), labour dispute, labour shortage, failure or delay in transportation and act or omission of any third person (including the NRL, subcontractors, customers, governments or government agencies) (each such event a “Force Majeure Event”). If a Force Majeure Event occurs that affects the virtual party, or the ability for a virtual party to be held, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you. However, where the event is sudden or last-minute, this may not be possible. While we do not offer compensation for virtual parties cancelled in whole or in part due to Force Majeure Events, before or after the Force Majeure Event occurs, we will contact you about whether the affected virtual party will be rescheduled or what other options may be available.
Communication and correspondence
16. The Cowboys’ primary means of communication is email however we may also need to contact you by phone or other methods about matters relating to your participation in the virtual party. You must inform us of any changes to your contact details and make sure your contact details are complete and correct.
It is a condition of the virtual party that participants give consent to Cowboys Rugby League Football Limited, its affiliates and agents, to use their image and likeness and/or any interview statements from members in its publications, advertising or other media activities (including the Internet), without compensation or other remuneration, now or in the future. By participating in a virtual party, you provide this consent, and you represent that any others who attend using your double-pass also give the same consent.