Terms and Conditions - 2022 Distant Star membership
Cowboys Distant Star membership 21/22 season
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
These Terms & Conditions apply to 2022 Distant Star membership.
Please read these Terms and Conditions prior to proceeding with membership selection for the 2022 season.
In these Terms and Conditions, we will refer to the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys as ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’. We will further refer to the purchaser of membership as a ‘member’, ‘you’ and ‘your’.
By applying for membership you acknowledge and agree to have read and understood these terms and conditions.
If purchasing for a family or group, by applying for membership you acknowledge and agree every person listed in your membership account will comply with these terms and conditions.
For the purposes of Cowboys ticketed memberships, a child is a person 5 to 15 years of age (inclusive) as at the time of the membership is purchased.
Nothing in these Term and Conditions amends, limits or excludes any rights or remedies that a member may have under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot lawfully be amended, limited or excluded.
1. The purchase of a membership entitles you to be a member of the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys for the period stated in the Terms and Conditions relevant to that membership category.
2. The term of Distant Star membership is 1 November 2021 to 31 October 2022 irrespective of the date on which the membership is purchased by you or the date of your chosen away game.
3. If a membership is purchased after the commencement of the membership term, no partial refund or pro-rata arrangement will be offered or entered into by us.
4. If you purchase membership after the commencement of the membership term, you accept no alternative entitlements will be offered by the Cowboys if time limited entitlements have already occurred (i.e. pre-scheduled member events).
5. All prices set out on this website and Term and Conditions are GST-inclusive.
6. Payment for membership must be made at the time of joining or renewal.
7. Distant Star membership may be purchased with a Credit Card, Cash, Eftpos or Cheque.
8. If you purchase a membership with a Credit Card or Debit Card, you represent and warrant to us that you are the card holder or have the explicit authority of the card holder to do so.
9. Refunds are not permitted for change of mind or changes in personal circumstances.
10. If a member has a right to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law, a refund will be provided.
11. As a precondition of providing a full or partial refund of membership fees the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys reserves the right to recover any merchandise supplied as part of the membership package.
12. In the event of a refund, if the member cannot or does not return the merchandise, the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys will deduct the cost of the merchandise from the refund amount.
13. The club has a Hardship Relief Request policy which governs how it responds to a hardship request by a member for payment relief or a refund. Please contact the membership manager via email on email@example.com to request an application form if required.
14. This membership category can only be renewed by a member if they purchase a new membership on an annual basis, as this category is not subject to an automatic or ‘rolling renewal’.
15. If you purchase a membership in this category you agree to the Cowboys emailing you a reminder of your ‘renewal’ for the following season.
16. The reminder will advise of any variations between your previous membership and the new seasons’ membership option/s in the same category, such as: pricing, eligibility criteria, benefits or seating arrangements.
17. To ensure your contact details are up-to-date, log in to your MyCowboys account or email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
18. Different membership categories offer different entitlements.
19. Membership pricing and/or entitlements may change from season-to-season.
20. We may also change the name of, or introduce new, membership categories from season-to-season.
21. Membership categories for 2022 are explained on our website and comprise: full-season memberships such as ‘Club 95’, ‘Diamond Star’, ‘Platinum Star’, ‘Platinum Lite Star’ and ‘Gold Star’, multi-game packages such as Flexi 4, single-game memberships such as ‘Distant Star’ and non-ticketed supporter memberships such as ‘Dual Maroons’.
22. Benefits and entitlements for each membership category are updated annually on our website at: https://www.cowboys.com.au/membership/benefits/
23. Entitlements apply only for the membership term of the relevant category, regardless of the timing of the National Rugby League (NRL) playing season.
24. Membership entitlements for some categories may include a Cowboys Team Shop voucher. These Terms and Conditions apply only to Team Shop vouchers provided as a Cowboys membership entitlement NOT Cowboys Team Shop gift cards. For information relating to gift cards purchased directly from the Cowboys Team Shop, refer https://www.cowboysteamshop.com.au
25. Depending on your membership entitlements, the Cowboys Team Shop voucher may be used either: online only OR in-store only OR both in-store and online.
26. A minimum transaction of $50 is required to use the voucher.
27. Only one voucher can be used per transaction and must be used in total. No cash or store credit for the balance will be given.
28. 2022 vouchers are valid until 31/08/2022.
29. An online voucher can only be redeemed at cowboysteamshop.com.au by entering your unique voucher code into the ‘promo code’ section on the check-out page.
30. An in-store voucher can be redeemed at the Cowboys Team Shop located at the Cowboys Leagues Club, 313-335 Flinders Street, Townsville, Queensland 4810, Australia.
31. In-store vouchers may also be redeemed at the official Cowboys Team Shop van and merchandise stands (i.e. at Queensland Country Bank Stadium and community events).
32. Membership entitlements for some categories may include a complimentary membership to the Cowboys Leagues Club (cowboysleagues.com.au) valued at $11. Only members aged 18+ years are eligible to receive this entitlement.
33. Eligible members will receive their Cowboys Leagues Club membership card in the mail approximately one month after purchasing their membership. You must provide your full date of birth with your membership application and in your membership account so we can verify your age.
34. A person can only hold one Cowboys Leagues Club membership.
35. Membership and/or Leagues Club membership cannot be transferred to another person or listed in a family or company name.
36. If obtained as a membership entitlement, your Cowboys Leagues Club membership is valid until 31 October 2022 and is subject to the conditions of entry for the Leagues Club, which you can read at: https://cowboysleagues.com.au/contact/
37. Membership entitlements for some categories may include ‘second priority’ access to State of Origin tickets and NRL finals tickets. Second priority is defined as access to a buying window prior to public sale but following the buying window for full season ticketed members (first priority). If eligible for this entitlement, your email address must be supplied to receive notification of the buying window and you must be subscribed to NRL ticketing offers.
38. Membership entitlements for some categories may include a 10% discount off Cowboys home game tickets at Queensland Country Bank Stadium. A maximum of four tickets can be purchased per game, per member with this discount. This discount can be accessed by using your membership number during the Ticketmaster purchase process for game day tickets.
39. Membership entitlements for some categories may include a 10% discount off merchandise at the Cowboys Team Shop, excluding the purchase of member-exclusive polos. This discount can be accessed in-store by showing your current membership card OR online by logging into the Team Shop using your MyCowboys username and password.
40. Membership entitlements for some categories may include access to Cowboys Castle Members Bar at Queensland Country Bank Stadium. Entry is provided upon presentation of your current membership card during Cowboys home games. Please note children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult member.
41. From time-to-time the NRL releases tickets to members of all NRL clubs for a variety of events prior to those tickets going on sale to the public; these events include: State of Origin, International Tests, NRL Finals series and the NRL Grand Final. Purchase entitlement codes are required to secure tickets for these types of events. These offers will be communicated electronically.
42. NRL offers are subject to their own terms and conditions and must be complied with. These Terms & Conditions do not apply to those events. The Cowboys does not make any representation or give any warranty on behalf of the promoter in relation to those offers.
Cancellation of membership or entitlements
43. The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys reserves the right to suspend or cancel your membership if you breach the Cowboys Members & Fans Code of Conduct, if you breach the terms of entry of Queensland Country Bank Stadium, or have been removed by security or police from Queensland Country Bank Stadium.
44. We may cancel part or all of an event to which your membership applies (including games and other events) (“Cowboys Event”) if an event outside our reasonable control occurs that impacts or may impact on the relevant Cowboys Event including, but not limited to, fire, storm, flood, tsunami, earthquake, explosion, war, invasion, rebellion, sabotage, epidemic, pandemic (including the Covid-19 pandemic), government intervention or orders (whether mandatory or recommended), labour dispute, labour shortage, failure or delay in transportation and act or omission of any third person (including the NRL, subcontractors, customers, governments or government agencies) (each such event a “Force Majeure Event”). If a Force Majeure Event occurs that affects a Cowboys Event, or the ability for a Cowboys Event to be held, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you. However, where the event is sudden or last-minute, this may not be possible. While we do not offer refunds for Cowboys Events cancelled in whole or in part due to Force Majeure Events, before or after the Force Majeure Event occurs, we will contact you about whether the affected Cowboys Event will be rescheduled or what other options we may be able to offer to you.
45. We are not the owners or operators of Queensland Country Bank Stadium. We do not make any representation or warranty that any purchased seat at the stadium (whether reserved or unreserved) will be unaffected by weather events or other ‘acts of God’, such as rain, storms or flooding that may occur before, during or after a game or event. You acknowledge and agree that weather events and ‘acts of God’ are beyond our control and may impact on your enjoyment of, or ability to watch, an event or game. We do not offer refunds for such weather events or ‘acts of God’.
Communication and correspondence
46. The North Queensland Toyota Club’s primary means of communication is email however we may also need to contact you by phone or other methods about matters relating to your membership. You must inform us of any changes to your contact details and make sure your contact details are complete and correct.
47. When you join as a member, you consent to receiving:
a) club updates and offers;
b) sponsor and partner offers; and
c) NRL ticketing offers.
48. You can unsubscribe or change your preferences for the types of emails you receive by following the link to the preference centre at the bottom of any Cowboys’ email.
49. It is a condition of membership that members give consent to Cowboys Rugby League Football Limited, its affiliates and agents, to use their image and likeness and/or any interview statements from members in its publications, advertising or other media activities (including the Internet), without compensation or other remuneration, now or in the future. By signing up for a membership, you provide this consent, and you represent that any others on whose behalf you are obtaining a membership (e.g. if purchasing a membership for a family or group) also give the same consent.
51. If you have any questions, concerns or feedback please contact the Cowboys Membership Team on email@example.com at any time.