The Cowboys Community Corner is a dedicated space for community organisations at home games at 1300SMILES Stadium.
Use of the Community Corner – which would otherwise be commercial space – is offered at no cost to the participating not-for-profit organisations, in close proximity to a main thoroughfare.
The Community Corner program reflects the Cowboys’ and Steggles' commitment to assist charities and community organisations to build their profile and generate interest and support.
Twelve organisations are offered the space at a Cowboys home game each season to raise awareness for their cause.
Each of the selected not-for-profit organisations have a charter to contribute to and benefit the North Queensland community and operate through the contribution of volunteers, fundraising efforts and some government assistance.
• HG1 v Storm (16 March): Cancer Council Queensland
• HG2 v Panthers (6 April): PCYC Time for Kids
• HG3 v Raiders (27 April): Just for Kids Charity (J4K)
• HG4 v Roosters (18 May): McGrath Foundation | Townsville Hospital Foundation
• HG5 v Bulldogs (8 June): Red Cross Blood Service
• HG6 v Sharks (30 June): State Libraries/Townsville City Council
• HG7 v Sea Eagles (15 July): Leukaemia Foundation
• HG8 v Broncos (26 July): Department of Communities
• HG9 v Rabbitohs (3 August): ACT for Kids
• HG10 v Titans (17 August): Camp Quality
• HG11 v Knights (24 August): Arcadian Surf Life Saving Club
• HG12 v Wests Tigers (7 September): The Cure Starts Now